Monday, May 4, 2009

Holy Moly

So last night I was praying about two specific things. One of which has been life altering, and the other which will one day be life altering. I was praying that God help me deal with my emotions about the two things because it was hovering between extreme unhappiness for one, and too much happiness regarding the other. After praying I flipped open my Bible casually, thinking to read a little James or Romans before going to bed. Instead I found myself in Isaiah, a book I normally ignore (not really sure why). What I read there made me smile, because although I have been struggling in my faith as of late, I know that God is still revealing himself to me.

"You have been hated and left empty with no one passing through. But I will make you great from now on; you will be a place of happiness forever and ever. You will be given what you need from the nations, like a child drinking milk from its mother. Then you will know that it is I, the LORD who saves you. You will know that the Powerful One of Jacob protects you. I will bring you gold in place of bronze, silver in place of iron, bronze in place of wood, iron in place of rocks. I will change your punishment into peace, and you will be ruled by what is right." -- Isaiah 60: 15-17 (NCV)

The things I was praying about have been causes of extreme difficulty in my life and those words described how I felt about them perfectly. But God has made a promise that I will be happy again. My happiness about one situation is not undeserved, and he will make the other one right. Although the answers were not specific, it was more of a "Chill out Becks. I'm in control." 

I still don't understand how some people can claim its all coincidence. The peace that came most definitely is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment